The job of the union is to support you, to improve your conditions and to protect your interests. Join UNISON for access to representation, information, advice, negotiation on your behalf and membership services.
Eligibility is not dependent on type of contract, and we represent permanent, full-time, fixed-term, part-time, and hourly-paid staff. UNISON can be of particular help to members on fixed-term contracts.
UNISON campaigns and lobbies to protect and improve the public services, win equal pay and employment rights for everyone, improve safety in the workplace and end discrimination and harassment at work. We also support external campaigns on issues such as fuel poverty and fair trade, and are actively involved in the London Living Wage campaign.
University of London workers who join UNISON are members of the Senate House Branch and Edexcel Branch.
The branch covers all workers in the Central University, including:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Office
- Human Resources
- Estates and Facilities
- University of London International Academy
- School of Advanced Study
- University of London Research Library Services
- The Careers Group
- University of London Computer Centre
- Health Education North Central and East London
- Health Education North West London
- Health Education South London
- University of London Union
- University of London Institute in Paris
- University Marine Biological Station
- Halls of Residence
- Courtauld Institute of Art
We also represent Aramark and Cofely GDF-Suez staff working at these sites.