Friday 2 November 2012

As UNISON members you’re entitled to cheaper Home Insurance with UIA Home Insurance

A message from our Welfare Officer:

I have personally used UIA for my contents insurance for over 2 years as it’s three times cheaper than my building society’s and bank’s insurers.

As I live in London and my specific area was deemed at ‘high risk’ for burglaries it was impossible to get a contents quote for anything under the £30 - £45 range.

(In my case) UIA Insurance was cheaper than Churchill and Think Insurance (offering £25,000 more coverage than its closest rival when I compared quotes online etc.)

Having previously been insured (no claims) with Churchill for 5 years they couldn’t compete with UIA even to keep my custom.

I’ve been insured with UIA for 3 years now. They were fast and fair on a recent claim too.

They offer more coverage than many leading competitors like Direct Line, The Post office etc. I am currently paying £12 a month for 10 months of the year full contents.

UIA is also great for travel insurance.  I’m taking a week’s holiday outside Europe. I’m paying £10.50. This includes claims of up to £2,000 000 for accident insurance. The amount covers flight cancellations, lost baggage, bad weather etc.

I very much recommend insuring with them. I’ve calculated that my general home insurance more than pays for my UNISON subs overall!

Please go to UIA Insurance: http://www.uia.co.uk  for a quote or call 0800 0121 591. You will need to hold current UNISON Membership to get a quote.

**UIA has a new customer introductory offer of 12 months Home Insurance for the price of 10***

If you want to take up this offer, and need to join UNISON to do so, please contact danny.millum@sas.ac.uk for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find more UNISON news on: